Monday, July 9, 2012

Job Description


Dear Friends,

I’ve been getting requests and questions about posting my job description once I complete training. Unfortunately this is not as cut and dry as some jobs in the U.S. I was lucky enough to get a job description when I was visiting my site (week five). This is something my supervisor, and Markey (site mate, and Education PCV) put together before I arrived. This is unusual for many PCVs, and I am probably one of the only ones who were lucky to get something like this. So to lessen my duties of explaining things I am going to share it with you all.  

Community Health Volunteer Job Description Form

Cyabayaga Health Center

Nyagatare District

A Community Health Worker will:
-       - Help the director manage various projects for the betterment and development of the health center.
-      -  Help the director educate the community on healthy living skills by assisting effective communication between the health center and the community.
-       -Provide bi-weekly English lessons to staff.
-       -Provide family planning information and lessons to nearby schools and local youths. 
-       -Assist the nutritionist with increasing proper nutrition knowledge in the community.

This is an abbreviated version. Wanted to keep it short and sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment